Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lumi Empanada & Dumpling Kitchen

Lately, I have noticed whenever anyone suggests a place to eat I have already blogged about, I usually say no because I should try somewhere new instead.  That is why, for those of you who know me well, I have not (and may not ever) blog about Grimaldis :)

My newest post is about Lumi Empanada and Dumpling kitchen located on McKinney in uptown.  This restaurant is found in an adorable little house, which is perfect for an outing with friends or a romantic evening.  Lumi features tapas style entrees in addition to larger portions.  I have tried almost every item on the menu, and I have yet to find something I didn't enjoy.  As far as dumplings, I recommend the duck and leek dumplings with a plum dipping sauce, but for my non-adventurous readers, the traditional pork are also incredible!  I also love the Ahi Tuna nachos, which have a little bit of a kick to them!  You should also try the saucy edamame and the Ba Noi eggrolls if you're still hungry.  The small plates range in price from $6-8, so they are very reasonably priced.

Aside from the food, the drinks at Lumi are equally amazing.  My favorite is the Lumi Lychee, but the mojitos are great too if that is more your style.  I know you will enjoy this restaurant as much as I do!

http://www.lumikitchen.com/home.html

1 comment:

  1. L. Oz. told me to follow your blog. Cool stuff.

    Mine is at
    collegiatepreps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete