Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Porch

I have noticed lately that restaurants with a unique American flare are opening up left and right in Dallas.  Could this be the sign of a new trend?  I have made it my recent mission to try all of the "adult" grilled cheese and macaroni this city has to offer.  The Porch definitely takes the cake when it comes to gourmet American cuisine.  Located in the heart of the up and coming Henderson area, The Porch has it all when it comes to great food, drinks, and atmosphere.  

Like some of the other restaurants I have recommended, The Porch also does not take reservation.  The restaurant does feature a large bar area with specialty cocktails and various types of wine.  The Black and Blue martini and the Paloma are both good choices for passing the time! 

For dinner, you should start out with the spinach dip or the popcorn chicken.  I have tried almost every main course on the menu, but I am going to start by (naturally) recommending the grilled cheese and tomato soup and the smoked ham and cheese macaroni casserole.  Both of those items are absolutely to die for!  If you are surprised by the amount on unhealthy food I tend to suggest, get used to it :)! For my red meat lovers, the Au Jus sandwich and the NY strip are always excellent choices.  And if you feel like being healthy, the fried chicken cobb (which isn't actually healthy at all) is also wonderful. 

Above all, the atmosphere at The Porch cannot be beat, with a very upbeat dining area and a gigantic (surprise,surprise) porch.  After your dinner, even though you will surely be stuffed, grab a few Starburst on your way out! I hope you love The Porch as much as I do!

It's 9:28 and OU still sucks \m/

1 comment: