Sunday, September 26, 2010

NoRTH - Austin Edition

Although I thoroughly enjoy eating in Dallas, I have to admit some of my favorite restaurants of all time can be found in Austin.  Austin has some of the most unique restaurants I have encountered, and in honor of the 5 years I called Austin my home, I will be blogging about some of the best Austin has to offer from time to time. 

I had trouble deciding which of my favorite Austin restaurants I wanted to share with you first, but I decided to start with one I could coin as my favorite Italian restaurant of all time (although most people will say I often speak in superlatives).  That being said, it might be worth it to get in your car and drive 3 hours to eat at NoRTH.  Located at The Domain, this Italian favorite will leave you wanting more.  As an integral part of the Fox Restaurant Concepts (and probably the most widespread), NoRTH has added a modern flare to traditional Italian food.  To start, you should definitely order the melt-in-your-mouth (literally) Zucca chips which are thin slices of zucchini fried like potato chips.  For the main course, I highly recommend the chicken parmesean with butter rigatoni, which is large enough to share between two people!  The restaurant offers an extensive wine list, but I like the sparkling prosecco with your choice of peach, berry, or passion fruit flavor. 

Even though you will probably have a wait for dinner since the restaurant doesn't take reservations, the location of NoRTH is ideal for shopping around The Domain.  After we ate, I definitetly requested to my waiter (who obviously has a lot of pull at the company...) that NoRTH, along with some of the other Fox restaurants, should come to Dallas.  Who knows, maybe one day they will listen!  Either way, if you ever find yourself in Austin, you should give NoRTH a try.

Despite the results of the game this weekend, I will close with a very proud Hook 'Em Horns!

http://www.foxrc.com/north.html

No comments:

Post a Comment